If there is something that is part of the whole course of our lives, even before birth, it is music. It is part of our daily routines, accompanying us in all kinds of situations and having the ability to provoke different sensations.
More and more professionals assure that listening to music is very beneficial to health, there are even specialists who perform therapeutic treatments based on music.
But, what are the reasons why we should listen to more music?
- It is scientifically proven that when we listen to music, just like when we eat or sleep, our brain releases dopamine. Dopamine is a neurochemical substance that is often referred to as the “pleasure hormone” because it is related to the satisfaction of our desires.
- Music helps us reduce anxiety and pain. An example of this is that many surgeons listen to music while performing their operations, this helps them feel calmer but at the same time collaborates in relaxing the patient making it necessary to use less sedatives. In addition, studies have shown that listening to music daily reduces chronic pain.
- Music is used as an exercise for our brain improving its elasticity and plasticity through the use and training of different brain circuits. This improves our cognitive ability. This is extremely useful in patients with diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
- Listening to certain types of music helps us improve our concentration, this allows us to retain and process in a more optimal way the information we receive, which is why there are study techniques that include music as a tool.
- Also, slow music helps us lower the heart rate and slows breathing, this will help us lower blood pressure. It is a good tool in times of stress and in people with hypertension.
- It is believed that music stimulates the baby’s brain, this is because from the fifth month of gestation the baby can hear us. This is the reason why doctors recommend that parents begin to stimulate their children since they are in the belly through the use of headphones.
- It helps with our physical mobility and it transmits shit with energy, therefore always the trainings of the different sports are more efficient with music. This is also part of the foundation of music therapy as listening to music, singing and dancing helps to improve the use of all muscle groups including speech.
- It’s a very economical therapy. For most people music is a means of transport to another place, it helps us to download sad and joyful emotions, makes us remember special moments and makes us dance with joy.
- Music improves the mood in any meeting in which moments of silence can be quite uncomfortable.
- Music helps us express what we feel, has not happened to hear a song and feel that it says just what you need to say?
For a long time the songs have served as a message to tell the world what we feel, in the past through dedications on the radio and in the present through some post on social networks.